By The Hospitable Team
Wondering if Airbnb Plus is a good fit for you and your home? Airbnb describes this offering as a selection of only the highest quality homes with hosts known for great reviews and attention to detail.
Airbnb Plus was created for guests looking for quality and comfort in their Airbnb vacation rentals. The program also offers some premium benefits for hosts, including exclusive tools on the platform and dedicated support.
According to Airbnb, all properties in the Airbnb Plus tier have been verified in-person by a third-party inspector for quality and comfort. But what are the other requirements for hosts who want to join? Let’s find out.
What Is Airbnb Plus?
Airbnb Plus is a new, higher-end tier of Airbnb. It’s different than being a Superhost. Superhosts are recognized for outstanding hospitality, and Airbnb Plus invites homes that meet a high standard of quality and design.
The program was launched in 2018 to highlight properties that feature thoughtful design, comprehensive Airbnb amenities, and well-maintained indoor and outdoor spaces. And you don’t need to be a Superhost to join the program.
Airbnb added this service to offer a better experience to the guests while they travel. Currently, Airbnb lists Plus homes across all six continents. They are usually located in major cities, but the program is constantly expanding.
If you want to apply for the program, you’ll need to pay a non-refundable application fee of $149. That doesn’t guarantee that you’ll be accepted, so to get started, first you need to make sure that you meet all Airbnb Plus requirements.
And once your home is officially part of Airbnb Plus, you must also agree to not list it on any other rental listing sites, meaning that all Plus listings are exclusive to Airbnb.
Airbnb Plus Requirements for Hosts
Hosts must meet the following hosting requirements before they are even eligible to apply:
- The listing must be an entire place or a private bedroom with a private bathroom.
- The property must be located in one of the designated cities located throughout the world.
- The host must have maintained an average rating of at least 4.8 over the past year.
- The host must not have canceled any reservations in the past year.
- The host must have accepted 95% of booking requests over the past year.
You will need to work hard and ensure a great experience for your guests. One of the significant factors for reaching and maintaining the 4.8 ratings is the quality and speed of communication.
Master your guests’ communication!
If you think you fulfill these basic requirements for Airbnb hosts, you can move on to the next step and evaluate if your home meets the program’s high standards.
Airbnb Plus Checklist: Home Requirements
To be a part of Airbnb Plus, your home needs to meet more than 100 requirements, including the checklist of amenities and standards. If you apply, an Airbnb representative will come to your home to do an in-person inspection and vet the listing on style, design, and hospitality.
Airbnb doesn’t disclose the checklist that it works during third-party home inspections. So what should you do if you want to join the program?
To help you get started, we’ve prepared a simple Airbnb Plus Checklist you should keep in mind as you prepare for inspection. To be Airbnb Plus verified, your property should meet these requirements.
The interior design of the Airbnb rental is expected to be cohesive, clutter-free. It should reflect the host’s style and personality.
- A home should be full of character and have a one-of-a-kind feel.
- Each room should have a variety of design features that work together to create a cohesive style.
- The furniture should be thoughtfully arranged, so it’s easy to walk around in every room.
- The home should feel inviting to guests.
- The décor pieces should elevate the overall look and feel.
Vacation rentals should be fully-equipped and offer a range of amenities, including:
- Bathroom essentials: towels, hair dryer, shampoo, conditioner, hand soap, and body wash;
- A stocked kitchen with a full set of cooking and dining utensils, as well as salt, pepper, oil, filtered water, and a supply of tea/coffee to last the entire stay;
- Television with cable for streaming;
- Fast WiFi with a download speed of at least 5 Mbps;
- Iron and ironing board.
Well-Maintained Indoor and Outdoor Areas
Hosts must also ensure regular maintenance of their property. That means that you need to make sure that everything in your listing is spotlessly clean and works. It’s easy to maintain cleanliness with our checklist. You should also hide all wires and cables. If there are outdoor spaces, they should be clean of clutter, excessive weeds, and dead plants.
Hosts should also ensure a smooth check-in experience for guests. The most convenient procedure is self-check-in. Your property either should have a digital lock, keypad, or lockbox, or you should provide an in-person check-in service.
How Can I Get Airbnb Plus Verified?
As you see, this program is not for new hosts. It takes time to meet host requirements because you need to have a solid record of consistent bookings, no cancellations, and earn a high rating from guests.
To earn these high ratings, you need to have all aspects of your STR business under full control and maintain an excellent service level. That builds up to doing a lot of work.
Delegate the routine tasks!
Give it a try with a 14-day free trial.
You’ll also need to invest in furnishing and decorating your property to ensure it meets the required quality standards. The good idea is to work with an interior decorator that can help you plan a color scheme and create an original style for your rental. It’s better to keep the balance between style and sustainability of your interior. Our free guide on how to prepare your place for STR will come in handy.
Becoming Airbnb Plus Host is difficult. You might be wondering whether joining a program is worth the time and effort.
The main advantage is that your property will stand out from the rest, and you gain more visibility for your listing. There are other benefits, as well:
- Hosts accepted into a program get a verified badge that builds trust with potential guests.
- Your property will be placed in premium space on the website and appear higher in search results. That means you will get more bookings.
- You’ll also be able to enjoy interior design advice, professional photography, and editorial suggestions for your listing and access to premium customer support.
- You’ll be able to charge higher rates.
If you have the time and money to invest in your property and submit the application, it may be worth your while to try and become an Airbnb Plus host.
Planning to start a short-term rental business on Airbnb and are looking for an Airbnb startup checklist? In this post, you’ll find an Airbnb host checklist of essential things you will need to invest in for the greatest experience for your guests.
Is achieving Superhost Status on Airbnb just a badge? Or is it more than that?
Can that little badge really make a difference to your end of year returns as a host?
As Airbnb gained traction and secured its foothold in the short-term rental market, and subsequently the hospitality business, it became clear that its users clearly valued the communication and experiences they gained from interacting directly with the property owner – not the landlord or manager, but host. How, on earth, then can the hosts stay sane and have a life? We’re about to tell you, read on.